I borrow this idea from another blog. It's not my life's bucket list but just 10 things I want to do before this year is over.
1. Take my children to a concert.
2. Take my son to a zoo.
3. Have a date with my husband.
4. Have a dinner consisting entirely of some rustic bread, brie, olives, pears, apples. Did I mention brie? And of course olive oil and a good aceto balsamico. My keyboard is wet, I need to stop drooling.
5. Have the above mentioned dinner sans husband or son but with my daughter while watching a chick flick. She will not touch the olives. Everything else we will squabble over.
And it will be wonderful.
6. Write a letter to my Dad telling him how much I appreciate him.
7. Write a letter to my Mom telling her how much I appreciate her. Do you know the song 'I hear voices' by Chris Young? I need to let them know I hear their voices all the time. If you haven't heard this song, it's ok. Not everyone is into country music.
At least go to the Internet and read the lyrics.
It's worth it.
8. I want to go out for a 'couples dinner' with a dear couple I know. Their daughter is my daughter's best friend. And we grown ups get along great.
9. Send someone a present -Just because-
10. Take my children to a church, a synagogue, a Muslim prayer center, and our local Sikh prayer center so they can learn about different faiths and what they mean to the faithful attending those places of worship.
More to come I think.