Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ohhhhhh Maaaaathhhhh....

http://letsplaymath.net/

I just found this awesome math website. See link above. Now, if you are like me you 'collect' fabulous sites like that.
The funny thing is.... I always thought I wasn't so good at math. I didn't fail but I wasn't great at it. And so, when I started teaching my ten year old math (and my 4 year old), I thought I'd suck be really bad at it. To my huge surprise I realized that I really like math. What's not to like. It's logical and all about rules.  You can't screw that up!!!! When I don't quite understand something I am open about it. It's OK to show your kids that parents need help too sometimes. And there are some sites that really helped me be a better math teacher to my daughter. I'll post the links some other time. So, 'fess up when you aren't sure about something and then go learn. It's OK. Meanwhile let me know about any cool educational websites you like. 

...the funny thing is.... the more I teach my kids the more I realize how much I love to learn.... I am not sure who is getting more out of this HS thing, my kids or me....

No comments: